POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stupid Question : Re: Stupid Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid Question
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2001 10:08:30
Message: <chrishuff-FE1FA1.10073623022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a965daa$1@news.povray.org>, "Tom Melly"
<tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:

> Yep - BTW, the layered texture didn't work ("can't layer over layered
> texture").

You mean "Can't layer over patterned texture"? That one is a pain with
complex textures...
Are you sure you need patterned textures here? My example only used a
patterned pigment, which should work fine with texture layers. Could you
post the code?

> Would a non-averaging average pattern (if you see what I mean) be
> possible?

I've considered doing add, multiply, divide, etc...I was planning to do
these along with my layered texture effects patch, which would allow you
to specify how each layer affects the underlying layers, but which I
never got working properly.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><